Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Quick Run Down Lake Wash Blvd

Ok, one day down on my race training plan.  The hard part is actually sticking with it so I really wanted to get today's in.  Luckily it was just a six miler and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  In Seattle, there are two bridges across Lake Washington, one of them the 520 which is more convenient but has a toll, and I-90 which is way out of the way, but toll-less and has a pedestrian path.  Ever since I came down this way, I've really wanted to run across the I-90 bridge, eventually running or riding it to work.  Needing six miles, I knew I wouldn't make it to the bridge, which is around four miles, but I could at least get an idea of where it is.  Starting out I was a bit sore from yesterday's run, but loosened up pretty well after a few minutes.  After a bit of dead end street running, I found Lake Washington Blvd and followed that for some time.  Ending up in Leschi just after the Marina was about three miles and the turn around point, but before getting there I got to witness Kirkland on the West Side.  I really think that Leschi (people will promptly correct you if you pronounce that how it looks) looks exactly like the waterfront houses in Kirkland, but maybe that's just the part I was running by.
The weather was beautiful out and I of course cursed myself for not bringing my camera.  Next time I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment